Sometimes, the day or the moment or even longer...just doesn't seem to be flowing like it should! You are giving your Best to have a good attitude...You are trying to keep your miles up...You are coming as often as you can...You really want to improve...and sometimes it just doesn't seem enough! If you have ever felt this way, then congratulations...YOU ARE HUMAN! Here is the beautiful thing about the struggles we have or the "up's and downs" that we encounter in life (or even daily!). Those type of MOMENTS really allow us to be so much more! Some of life's most powerful MOMENTS come from learning how to ADJUST to anything that comes our way! And running is one of the Best ways to figure this out...if we let it...if we really use it!
Saturday, as I took some of you out to "the Beach" (more like bug infested swamp, it sounds like from your dailymile posts), I watched you guys run off, and I sat there on one of the rocks, I was just wishing that I could be out there! I was having a little pity party about my foot and how would I be able to run my marathon on Monday, or still keep my miles up, and even be able to run at HARC...when it just simply hit me (maybe it was just the Lake smell clearing my head!), "STOP SULKING!" EVERYONE HAS MOMENTS of frustration, MOMENTS that don't make sense, MOMENTS that seem to hold us back...NO ONE gets out of this from happening in our lives, so what do we do? We have a choice...a choice to do something about it or just keep having a pity party (which changes nothing!). I truly felt inspired as I continued to watch YOU RUN in the distance, that I really wasn't alone...as much as I wanted to be out there, I felt blessed to have come as far as I have come...to have had so many great MOMENTS up to this point (yes...all the up's and the down's). So I felt inspired that I would not worry about how long it might take to take care of my "problems" or if I had to postpone certain goals for the MOMENT...I would make new ones and pursue the original ones, in time! I felt excited to do what I could do...I would go home and bike and not pout about it, but feel blessed that I could still do something! I felt honored to just be with YOU, as we do most days (even the simple, mundane days...or are they just "mundane" days?), because we are together and those are the MOMENTS that really make it worth it...that make it fun! So CHOOSE to make the MOMENTS something more than we think they are...CHOOSE to make every day count, because you never know when you might be just "sitting on a rock watching everyone else" and wondering what you should do. CHOOSE to do something about it...whatever it can be...that is
"THE DIFFERENCE!
Just a little side note: HARC considerations have been sent out this last week. Please, if you did not make it this time...DO NOT LET THIS DETERMINE WHAT YOU CAN BE! Most of the time, YOU realize why you may have missed out (your mileage, your attendance, your communication, you are still really new at all of this, etc.)...but that shouldn't stop you from realizing what you WILL still accomplish! As much as HARC is a special place...it is just that because we require it to be absolutely earned and a reward for doing just a little more. We are not about "punishing" people for not doing the requirements or whether you are the fastest or slowest...we are about REWARDING the EFFORT that is required to make it to HARC...it really is some of the little things, the little sacrifices that we make...just like we mentioned above in the post, those are the things that make THE DIFFERENCE! So keep CHOOSING to do something with this running thing...CHOOSE to take the MOMENTS we have right now and make them something to REMEMBER!
YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

It is almost surprising how often Coachie's posts directly connect to things I've been thinking about or even experiencing myself. It is so easy to get wrapped up in some negative aspect of what we are about in our lives that we forget the magnificence of everything else going on around us! Just today, in fact, I was wondering why I invest so much time and effort into this coaching deal when there are occasions when I feel there is nothing coming back my way from "you". Of course just a few minutes after I had decided to run down this particular pity-trail a runner from past years knocks on my front door just to let me know they appreciated everything I did for them!!! It is moments like those, where we have given ourselves to something--kind of put it in the bank--that make the time and toil worthwhile!! So, this Coach will continue to give because that is really what it is all about in the long run. You all continue to amaze me--just in case you didn't know!
ReplyDelete