ANNOUNCEMENTS

ANNOUNCEMENTS:

Sunday, August 16, 2020

The Sunrise!

 

It's hard to know for sure, what all the work you have been doing...will it pay off...will it make a difference...will it help?

The simple answer is ABSOLUTELY YES!  The actual answer is ABSOLUTELY, but when?  

In my life and running experiences, the effort I give and all the training I have pursued, didn't always SEEM to line up perfectly; it didn't always FEEL like it matched up with what I was aiming for.  BUT I ALWAYS CAME AWAY FROM ALL MY EXPERIENCES BETTER!  I tell you this because after our FIRST races this weekend, I feel that overall, many of us are wondering how this season might play out...all those miles, will they pay off, will they get me to my destination?  We were very pleased with the efforts you ALL gave this weekend.  When we have told you to TRUST the WORK, those are not just words to make you feel better!  Every year, with each new group of kids, we pay attention, we keep track, we watch, we see, that our TRAINING always pays off!  How we do summer miles, how we build on strength and then speed and working the MIND all through out!  You need to remember it's not exactly how you start that's most important (it does help and does affect the outcome), but its how we FINISH that we are aiming for!  And the ONLY WAY TO FINISH is by recognizing the STEPS that are needed to get there!  So, take advantage of every MOMENT you have to keep getting better.  Remember to enjoy the PROCESS...the chance to keep getting better...as an individual, but especially TOGETHER!  Every new day is the opportunity to do something better, to improve, to feel the excitement of recognizing that TODAY is the chance to get closer to the "FINISH".  We can't explain in exact words how it FEELS to LOVE what you do...it is one of those things that must be lived...tried...experienced...sought after...wanted...hoped for...and if we will just continue to LOVE the pursuit of our dreams, goals, beliefs, and the CHANCE to do something GREAT...

then something GREAT WILL HAPPEN!

I couldn't sleep this morning, so as I sit here on my deck, watching the Sunrise and the sky start to light up...typing away on my computer, hoping to share something that might help you recognize that there is soooooo much to look forward to, to keep moving forward, to STILL BELIEVE IN THE BIG PICTURE, to want to keep going after those beliefs...FEELING the SUNRISE reminds me that in the simplest way...its a new day, and there is soooo much to keep fighting for!  

IT IS ABSOLUTELY WORTH IT...IT WILL PAY OFF...IT WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE...TOGETHER!

















No comments:

Post a Comment