ANNOUNCEMENTS

ANNOUNCEMENTS:

Sunday, July 19, 2020

Conquer the Unknown...by Moving Forward (looking ahead)!

LOTS OF GOOD STUFF TODAY!!!!!

A note from Coach Lund....


Where is Yobo (Coach Lund)??  The answer is of course I am still here!  I will have to say this summer has not played out in any way that I might have expected.  But, it has been a great summer to this point and looks to continue to stay that way!  However, a brief explanation is in order...My wife Anne and I are right on the edge of the be more cautious age group.  Yes, I am THAT old!  Anne also suffers from asthma, so my job, where she is concerned, is to be extra careful!  So I have been pretty invisible—which is quite a trick!!

But enough about me.  Here is a quick thought for you!  A couple nights ago Anne and I decided to find the comet that is currently passing through our amazing solar system.  We did a little research on-line to figure out when we should look, but to really figure out where we should look we broke out a printed book that Anne has had since she was your age!  When it was dark enough, we stood in the middle of our back yard and while I was trying to figure out where to look my wife says “There it is!  Right where its supposed to be!”  I said “Where?”  Anne said “Right there...”. I looked right there with the binoculars and BOOM, there it was!   Remember I am old and I had never seen a comet before.  That’s what the BOOM was for!  Absolutely amazing!!  Our theme as you of course know is SUMmit.  Every new triumph along the road is a piece of our individual summit.  A little bit of preparation followed by the right effort is THE recipe for success!  Without the preparation, we all end up trying to figure out where to look, while someone else is saying, “There it is, right where its supposed to be!” 


- Coach Lund



Conquer, or maybe a better word is, Overcome!  The important thing is to understand that in the "unknown" (which is what we live in today), THERE MUST BE SOMETHING BIGGER TO WORK TOWARDS, TO FIGHT FOR, TO BELIEVE IN AND BE A PART OF!   I don't know if you think about how much time and investment is given to you through this program.  Just putting this blog together takes hours of my day to help you FEEL or SEE that life has so much to offer, and we try sharing that with you through RUNNING.  Now I don't say this so that you can be amazed at what we do for you...in fact, I don't really think too much about how much time I spend doing this...it's just what I do.  It feels natural to me to want to help, to improve, to give my best to those I care about!  It doesn't feel like a big sacrifice (even though, yes; there are sacrifices made), but the point is to know that no matter the obstacles, the struggles, the injuries, the ups and downs, the disappointments, the possible cancellations, the changes, the "unknown,"...is TO KEEP LOOKING AHEAD...TO KEEP MOVING FORWARD!  One of my most favorite scenes from a movie comes from one of the more recent Rocky movies, where Rocky is talking with his grown up son and reminds him of what's really important in life...


Just because there are uncertainties in life (including in what might happen for the school year, the XC season), doesn't mean we don't keep working for those things that matter to us...that we keep believing in the good around us, in ourselves...that we conquer/overcome the doubt, the fear, the chances that it might not work out or that we might fail, with the mindset of a CHAMPION!  Now I know, that we (us coaches), have had a lot more experiences than you, that our perspective is a little different (we've been around the block a few times), but it doesn't mean we don't feel upset, or scared, or frustrated...just like you!  But there are a few things that keep us going...no matter what, because there are more powerful things in this World than the negative that we see and feel and KEEP US GOING!.  
LOVE...PASSION!  
The Love we have for YOU, helps us overcome the feelings of the sacrifice we give, the time invested, and makes it feel like a Blessing to be a part of this instead of "just more time to give."  Love what you do!
PERSEVERANCE!
To keep going, when all seems bleak or scary.  Recognize that it is worth it!
GRIT!
To have the courage to keep moving forward...to recognize the "Toughness" within you...to FEEL HOW BAD YOU WANT IT and use that to overcome obstacles.
GRATTITUDE!
Are you grateful for what you have? Do you really appreciate the ups and downs?  Recognize that with all the "unknown", that we are still blessed!
THE LITTLE THINGS!
Are you "Invested"...are you "Becoming" better than you were yesterday...are you "Enjoying the Process"...are you making the "Moments along with the Memories"...are you truly "Giving your Best"...are you "Transforming" you into the best version of you...are you only focused on yourself and not "Each Other"... are you doing the "Little Things" everyday to see and feel the Greatness in YOU and Others?
IT WOULD PROBABLY BE GOOD TO BE REMINDED OF "WHY" WE ARE DOING THIS!  Watch this and be REMINDED!



This is WHY our themes is about the "SUM" of it all...to reach the SUMmit of life, the Best of what's in US and this Team...we gotta keep striving to conquer the "unknown"...the unknown in ourselves, in school, in running, in LIFE!   This week, I must also take the chance to conquer/overcome some of my personal struggles.  Sure, it's been tough with my knee situation, but I am also learning (still!), how to work around the "unknown" and struggles of disappointment and seeing the good in what I can still do.  I am going on a little adventure with da Boyz on Wednesday to Sunday up in 14,000 foot mountains (a mini HARC of sorts).  I tell you this, because I need you to be your best while I am gone and help each other!  I need to work on overcoming some of my struggles and I hope you can understand that, and still be there for each other for the second half of the week!  
The past weeks chapters in How Bad Do You Want It, focused on Bracing yourself (the story of Jenny Barringer Simpson and preparing properly for tough things), and the next chapter on Time is on your side (the story of Greg Lemond and his "WILL" to overcome his obstacles and give just a little bit more than he thought)!  Whether you have read these chapters yet or not, reread them or look back on them.  See YOURSELF in the situations you will face, and HOW you can and will improve through the process of this summer and season to come.  It ties in beautifully with the Traits of a Champion (there are 6 of them)
Trait #5 of a Champion: Visualization
Visualizing the possible outcomes, is a way of "Bracing yourself" for the unknown...to prepare for all different circumstances before they could even happen.  Of course, you can over do this and think about every single outcome and drive yourself nuts about "what if this happens" or "what about this".  But visualizing what you WANT to Become and HOW you will do it...ALONG WITH THE WORK, are HOW you SUM up all the parts to give yourself the CHANCE to succeed! Visualizing is how to minimize stress because you are prepared and it strengthens the MIND to be able to react positively to your situations.  Remember, these are all the most common Traits they have found in ALL Champions! Keep working on these little by little!  Let's tie in the Books chapters and this trait by watching the video clips of Jenny's races and Greg Lemond's time trial race!  YOU SHOULD READ THE STORIES FIRST BEFORE WATCHING THE VIDOES.  

Life is not about "Barriers" but about looking at it with UNLIMITED OPPORTUNITY!


Then just 1.5 years later...

The ultimate idea of giving all you have, and then even more...












1 comment:

  1. How to register and login to the casino web
    Step 1: Select the button "Register" and click 토토 분석 사이트 Register 메리트 카지노 도메인 at 안전한 온라인 카지노 the top of 더킹카지노 주소 the page. Step 2: Select the button “Register” and right-click on it. 카지노 Once

    ReplyDelete